Vermicomposting is the use of worms in the composting process to create organic material into an amazing soil adamant referred to as worm castings (worm manure). Just the way Nature does... Naturally!
Why Use Worm Castings?
- Provides time-released nutrients lasting 6 times longer than potting soil.
- 100% free of weed seeds and harmful organisms
- Retains 3 to 4 times it's weight in moisture
- Resists disease. Plants grow faster and stronger
- Castings contain a high percentage of humas which will aid in the prevention of harmful pathogens and bacteria
- Environmentally Friendly, created from 100% recycled materials
- Insulates plant roots, reduces soil erosion
"Analysis of worm castings reveals they are richer in plant nutrients than soil, about 2 times more calcium, 5 times more nitrogen, and 7 times more phosphorus and potassium" - K.P. Barley Ph.D., Advances in Agronomy
"Vermicompost outperforms any commercial fertilizer I know of…Microbial activity in worm castings is 10 to 20 times higher than in soil and organic matter that the worm ingests." - Dr. Clive A. Edwards, University of Ohio
"Earthworm castings are the best imaginable potting soil for greenhouses or house plants, as well as gardening and farming. It will not burn even the most delicate plants and all of the nutrients are water-soluble, making it immediate plant food." - D.E. Douglas, Earthworms for Ecology, 1975